Suggested Wine Pairing: Jacuzzi Teroldego
1. Make the special sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, tahini and sambal oelek. If needed, thin the sauce with water.
2. Make the burgers. In a medium bowl, using your hands, combine the beef, BBQ sauce and garlic until well mixed. Form the mixture into 6 equal patties and place on a plate. Cover the burgers and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, pulse the cooked beets and pesto until smooth, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to thin.
4. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. Working in batches, add the burger patties and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. When flipped add the slices of chees to melt.
5. When all the burgers have been cooked. In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add the pineapple slices and cook until caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6. To assemble, spread the bottom of each bun with the beet pesto. Add greens and tomato slices. Tope with a burger. Spread on the special sauce and add a slice of pineapple. Finish with the top bun and ENJOY!