Suggested Wine Pairing: Jacuzzi Dolcetto
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 4 hours
total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
servings: 15 sliders
BALSAMIC CRANBERRY SUACE
1. The night before or the morning of, heat a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high-heat and add the olive oil. Add the ribs to the skillet and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Sear the ribs on all sides for about 1 minute per side. Remove the ribs and place them in the bowl of a crockpot or a dutch oven.
1. Add the ribs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, red wine, garlic and ginger to the bowl of a crockpot. Add water until the ribs are at least halfway submerged, there should be around 1-2 cups. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours or until the meat shreds easily. Shred the meat and keep on the warm setting until serving time.
1. Add the ribs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, red wine, garlic and ginger to a cast iron dutch oven or oven safe pot with a tight fighting lid. Add water until the ribs are at least half way submerged, there should be about 1-2 cups. Cover and cook in a preheated the oven to 325 degrees F. for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat shreds easily. Shred the meat and keep covered on low heat (about 200-250 degrees F) until serving time.
1. Add the cranberries, balsamic vinegar, water, brown sugar, rosemary and ginger to medium size pot and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Add the shredded warm meat to the bottom of a slider bun. Top with sliced brie. The brie should melt over the warm meat, but if not, place under the broiler for 30 seconds. Top with cranberry sauce and arugula. Sandwich with the top bun.