Suggested Wine Pairing: Jacuzzi Pina Prosecco
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
servings: 6 potstickers
· 1 pound raw ground chicken, turkey, or pork
· 1 cup shredded kale
· 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
· 2 cloves garlic, grated
· 2 green onions, chopped
· 2 carrots, shredded
· 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons sesame oil, plus more for cooking
· black pepper
· 40 round wonton wrappers
· 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
· 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
· 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
· 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
· 1/2 cup pomegranate aril
1. In a medium bowl, combine the raw ground chicken, kale, carrots, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a pinch of black pepper, to taste.
2. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Brush water around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half moon shape, pinching the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Brush the bottoms of the potstickers with water and then dredge them in the sesame seeds.
4. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the potstickers and cook until the bottoms are light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into the skillet, it will splatter, so stand back. Immediately cover with a tight-fitting lid. Turn heat to medium-low and let the dumplings steam for 5-6 minutes, until the filling is cooked through inside. Serve right away with sauce (see below).
5. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve alongside the potstickers.